Portfolio Management Services
Investor Charter in Respect of Portfolio Management Services
Vision of Entrust Portfolio Managers is to offer differentiated investment products to suit investor risk appetite and achieve investment goals of our investors.
Our mission is to build a family of satisfied investors through a differentiated customer experience by generating consistent long-term returns from our managed assets.
Details of business transacted by the organization with respect to the investors
- Appropriate risk profiling of investors i.e., to carry out a proper and unbiased risk – profiling for the client
To provide Disclosure Document to investors containing inter alia information relating to
- Types of services viz. discretionary, non-discretionary and advisory
- Key Personnel of the Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio risks
- Past performance of the Portfolio Manager
- Financials of the Portfolio Manager
Executing the PMS agreement i.e., to enter into written agreement with the client with the agreement providing inter alia details of
- Investment objectives and the services to be provided
- Investment approach, areas of investments and restrictions
- Type of investment instruments and proportion of exposure
- Tenure of portfolio investments
- Terms of withdrawal of funds or securities
- Fees payable to the Portfolio Manager
- Custody of securities
Making investment decisions on behalf of investors (discretionary) or investment decisions taken at the discretion of the Investor (non-discretionary) or advising investors regarding their investment decisions (advisory), as the case may be.
Details of services provided to investors and estimated timelines:
Discretionary & Non-Discretionary Portfolio Management Services (PMS): -
Under these services, all an investor has to do, is to give his portfolio in any form i.e. in the form of securities or cash or combination of the two. The minimum size of the Portfolio should be Rs.50 lakhs as per the current SEBI Regulations. However, the PMS provider reserves the right to prescribe a higher threshold product-wise or in any other manner at its sole discretion. The PMS provider will ascertain the investor’s investment objectives to achieve optimal returns based on his risk profile. Under the Discretionary Portfolio Management service, investment decisions are at the sole discretion of the PMS provider if they are in sync with the investor’s investment objectives. Under the Non-Discretionary Portfolio Management service, investment decisions taken at the discretion of the Investor.
Investment Advisory Services: -
Under these services, the Client is advised on buy/sell decision within the overall profile without any back-office responsibility for trade execution, custody of securities or accounting functions. The PMS provider shall be solely acting as an Advisor to the Client and shall not be responsible for the investment/divestment of securities and/or administrative activities on the client’s portfolio. The PMS provider shall act in a fiduciary capacity towards its Client and shall maintain arm’s length relationship with its other activities. The PMS provider shall provide advisory services in accordance with guidelines and/or directives issued by the regulatory authorities and/or the Client from time to time in this regard.
- Client On-boarding
- Ensuring compliance with KYC and AML guidelines.
- Franking & signing the Power of Attorney to make investment decisions on behalf of the investor.
- Opening demat account and funding of the same from the investor’s verified bank
account and/or transfer of securities from verified demat account of the investor and d. Mapping the said demat account with Custodian.
- To provide periodic statements to investors as provided under the PMS Regulations 2020 and other SEBI notifications and circulars (“PMS Regulations”)
- Providing each client an audited account statement on an annual basis which includes all the details as required under the PMS Regulations.
Fees and Expenses
Charging and disclosure of appropriate fees & expenses in accordance with the PMS Regulations.
- Closure and Termination
Upon termination of PMS Agreement by either party, the securities and the funds lying in the account of the investor shall be transferred to the verified bank account/ demat account of the investor.
- Grievance Redressal
Addressing in a time bound manner investor’s queries, service requests and grievances, if any, on an ongoing basis.
- The number of days in the above timelines indicate clear working days Details of grievance redressal mechanism and how to access it 1. It is mandatory for every PMS provider to register itself on SEBI SCORES (SEBI Complaint Redress System). SCORES is a centralised online complaint resolution system through which the complainant can take up his grievance against the PMS provider and subsequently view its status. (https://scores.gov.in/scores/Welcome.html )
- The details such as the name, address and telephone number of the investor relations officer of the PMS provider who attends to the investor queries and complaint should be provided in the PMS Disclosure document.
Investor Relationship Manager – Pradeep A N
Designation/Department – Vice President-Compliance
Address: # 24, 4th Floor, 1st Cross, Magrath Road, Bangalore – 560025
Email address: email@example.com
- The grievance redressal and dispute mechanism should be mentioned in the Disclosure Document.
- Investors can approach SEBI for redressal of their complaints. On receipt of complaints, SEBI takes up the matter with the concerned PMS provider and follows up with them.
- Investors may send their complaints to: Office of Investor Assistance and Education, Securities and Exchange Board of India, SEBI Bhavan. Plot No. C4- A, ‘G’ Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai - 400 051.
Expectations from the investors (Responsibilities of investors)
- Check registration status of the intermediary from SEBI website before availing services.
- Submission of KYC documents and application form in a timely manner with signatures in appropriate places and with requisite supporting documents.
- Read carefully terms and conditions of the agreement before signing the same.
- Thorough study of the Disclosure Documents of the PMS to accurately
understand the risks entailed by the said investment in PMS.
- Accurate and sincere answers given to the questions asked in the ‘Risk Questionnaire’ shall help the PMS provider properly assess the risk profile of the investor.
- Thorough study of the quarterly statements sent by the PMS provider to the investor intimating him about the portfolio’s absolute and relative performance, its constituents and its risk profile.
- Ensure providing complete details of negative list of securities as part of freeze instructions at the time of entering into PMS agreement and every time thereafter for changes, if any, in a timely manner.
- To update the PMS provider in case of any change in the KYC documents and personal details and to provide the updated KYC along with the required proof.